Student and alumni spotlight
Once a WSU interior design major, Shelley Brinkley returned to our department in 2020 to complete her BA in Art History with a Minor in Art. In this Spotlight, she talks about her recent curatorial work entitled "Cultivating Identity", her love of art history, and her dream of becoming an art administrator.
Assistant Professor Jessika Edgar is the Area Coordinator of Ceramics. She joined the Art Department faculty in Fall 2018. In this Spotlight, she talks about her passion for guiding students to find their own creative voices, building a mindfulness practice to help inspire new work, and staying creative during COVID.
- Visiting Artist Lecture: Ghost Words by Helen Lee
- Wayne State students ‘Go Red’
- Student Spotlight: Kristen Canda, Painting, MFA ’21
- Student Spotlight: Shelley Brinkley, Art History, BA with a Minor in Art, ‘21
- Reflect | Reconnect: Bodies of Work by Kristen Canda and Amelia Novella
- Art as an Agent of Change and Healing