- 2019-20 Interior Design Checksheet; Sample 4-Year Plan
- Course Descriptions
- For curriculum guides previous to 2019-20, please email your academic advisor or visit the main art office.
The Interior Design Program at Wayne State University prepares design professionals committed to improving quality of life, increasing productivity and protecting the health, safety and welfare of the public in interior environments. The curriculum requires a rigorous investigation into artistic conceptualization along with the design of the interior space and its furnishings. Career options include residential and commercial design within the architectural and interior design industries, exhibit and furniture design.
What makes this program unique?
- Facilities / Equipment
- 20 Computers with AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion360, SketchUp, Adobe Suite
- Lighting Studio equipped with working examples of many lighting systems
- Materials lab
- Model making work space with basic tools, 3D printing and laser cutting
- Fully equipped wood working shop
What can you do with a degree in Interior Design? Interior Design majors working in related professions include: Commercial Design, Exhibition Design, Interior Designer, Residential Designer, Bathroom Designer, Kitchen Designer, Furniture Designer, Lighting Specialist, Entrepreneur. For more careers in this field, speak to your academic advisor or the Interior Design area coordinator.