Download a copy of the Industrial Design
- 2018-19 Industrial Design Curriculum Checksheet; Sample 4-Year Plan
- Pre-2018 Curriculum Guide; Sample 4-Year Plan of Work (PDF)
- Course Descriptions
- Brian Kritzman
- (MFA Cranbrook) Associate Professor of Industrial Design
- Research Interests: Historical and contemporary notions of object culture.
- Siobahn Gregory
- (MFA) Lecturer of Industrial Design
- Research Interests: Industrial Design and Design Anthropology
What is this program?
Industrial Design determines the look and the function of new mass-produced consumer items. This curriculum is an extension of the fine arts core program that addresses the methodology of problem-solving and presentation techniques. Students are prepared for engaging contemporary product culture. Our designers think about object appropriateness, "brand identity"and how to enrich individual lives through the creation of a meaningful object.
What makes this program unique?
- Alias Computer Lab
- Portfolio Reviews
- Designer Dialogue days
What does the program prepare me for?
- Toy Designers
- Car Show Exhibits
- Parts Designer
- Transportation Design
- Exhibition Design
- Shoe Design
- Furniture Design