Tri-County High School Exhibition
The Tri-County High School Art Exhibition is an exhibition displaying artwork from some of the most talented young people of Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties in Michigan. The 2017 Tri-County High School Art Exhibition marks the 6th year for this event hosted by the James Pearson Duffy Department of Art and Art History at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan.
The call for entries is below, but feel free to follow the apply by visiting the online application form which can be found at the following link: <https://forms.wayne.edu/54b967a6d6b4e/>.
2017 Tri-County High School Exhibition Call for Entries
Wayne State University
James Pearson Duffy Department of Art & Art History
Art Department Gallery
5400 Reuther Mall
150 Art Building
Detroit, MI 48202
The Art Department Gallery (ADG), Wayne State University (WSU), Detroit, MI presents a call for entries for its annual Tri-County High School Exhibition. The exhibition dates are March 24 – April 7, 2017. The exhibition will feature approximately fifty artworks by high school students from Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties.
ABOUT THE GALLERY
The Art Department Gallery hosts annual undergraduate exhibitions, graduate student exhibitions, faculty exhibitions and sabbatical exhibitions. Additionally, the gallery lends itself to provide exhibition space to community organizations with the approval of an exhibitions committee. <http://art.wayne.edu/communityarts_gallery.php>
Open to all 10th through 12th grade-level public, private, and home-schooled students from Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties. Students applying for admission to Wayne State University and other high school students are eligible.
Submissions will be juried and selected by a committee from the Department of Art and Art History. Selections will be based on quality, presentation, and proper application format.
Selected works can be hand delivered or shipped. Instructions will be included in a notification e-mail letter. The artist entrant will be responsible for transporting their work to and from the gallery. Every precaution will be taken to handle artwork with the utmost care. However, the Art Department Gallery and Wayne State University will not be responsible for damage or loss from any cause.
Notification of accepted and non-accepted works will be sent via email.
Each selected artist will receive a $1,000 Scholarship Award
Seven awards will be given for outstanding artworks in the exhibition:
- First Place, Second Place, Third Place, 3 Honorable Mentions and 1 Teacher Award
- First Place: WSU $3,000 Scholarship Award, Workshop Award, and $150 Dick Blick Certificate
- Second Place: WSU $2,000 Scholarship Award, Workshop Award, and $150 Dick Blick Certificate
- Third Place: WSU $1,000 Scholarship Award, Workshop Award, and $150 Dick Blick Certificate
- Honorable Mentions: Workshop Award and $150 Dick Blick Certificate
- Teacher Award: Workshop Award and $150 Dick Blick Certificate
Scholarship Awards can be redeemed upon the application and acceptance to the James Pearson Duffy Department of Art and Art History, Wayne State University.
- Students can submit a maximum of three artworks.
- Artwork must be original. Copies of published photos are not acceptable.
- Applicants are encouraged, but not required to submit two-dimensional work with a maximum size of 48" in any direction. Sculptural and ceramic work must fit through a 6' by 8' door and weigh less than 70 pounds.
- Video works are eligible. All accepted video works will be presented on flat screen monitors provided by the gallery. Selected videos must be looped on a DVD and have a pixel aspect ratio of 720 x 480 or higher.
- Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work after submission, nor withdraw a work after it has been accepted. The Art Department Gallery reserves the right to refuse any entry, which does not match the images submitted or meet the criteria. The gallery reserves the right to refuse work that is not appropriate for the space.
Please use the online entry form to upload your submissions. The entry form will be available for submissions from January 30 through February 20, 2017. The form can be found at the following link: <https://forms.wayne.edu/54b967a6d6b4e/>.
Below are the entry fields that will need to be completed. You will receive an automatic email confirmation after you have successfully completed the form. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact the department at <email@example.com>.
First Name *
Last Name *
Address Line 1 *
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region *
Postal / Zip Code *
Year of Graduation *
Primary Art Instructor *
High School Name *
You will be asked to upload your submission(s) in the following formats:
Upload 1-3 works in .jpg formats. Videos or animations must include a web link. You may include an image detail/close-up for each work, or a video still image for videos submitted.
Images must be no larger than 5"X7" horizontal or vertical with resolution at 300 dpi. File names should be titled in the following manner:
Last name_title_1.jpg and Last name_title_1detail.jpg
Image 1 example: (last name_title_1.jpg)
Image 1 detail example: (last name_title_1detail.jpg)
Title 1, Medium, Dimensions, Year
Last name_title_2.jpg and last name_title_2detail.jpg
Image 2 example: (last name_title_2.jpg)
Image 2 detail example: (last name_title_2detail.jpg)
Title 2, Medium, Dimensions, Year
Last name_title_3.jpg and last name_title_3detail.jpg
Image 3 example: (last name_title_3.jpg)
Image 3 detail example: (last name_title_3detail.jpg)
Title 3, Medium, Dimensions, Year
Please include any special installation instructions if needed.
January 30: Call opens
February 20: Deadline for submission
February 21-27: Jury
February 28: Notification via email
March 14-17: Delivery of work
March 21-23: Installation
March 24: Opening Reception with Awards Presentation at 6:30 p.m. (5-8 p.m.)
April 7: Exhibition closes
April 11-14: Artwork pick up
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.