- Graduate Officer, Margi Weir, Associate Professor of Art, email@example.com
- Master of Fine Arts: with a major in Art and a concentration in Ceramics, Drawing, Fibers, Graphic Design, Metalsmithing, Painting, Photography, Printmaking or Sculpture.
- Master of Arts: with a major in Art and a concentration in Ceramics, Drawing, Fibers, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Metalsmithing, Painting, Photography, Printmaking or Sculpture.
- Graduate Officer, Margi Weir, Associate Professor of Art
- Faculty Graduate Advisor, Dora Apel, Associate Professor of Art History
- Master of Arts: with a major in Art History.
- Graduate Program Overview
- Admission Requirements
- MA Exam
- Essay/Thesis Requirements
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA) Application Form
All of the department graduate handbooks are in the process of being updated.
The application process is now online at the office of graduate admissions. Please read below.
- Plan of Work Form (.pdf)
- Change of Plan of Work Form (.pdf)
- Tuition and Map of Campus
- Graduate School's site for masters thesis information
Apply to the Art and Art History Department Graduate Program:
Complete the WSU online graduate application visit www.gradapply.wayne.eduOffice of Graduate Admissions
Wayne State University
5057 Woodward Ave., Suite 6000
Detroit, MI 48202 USA
Telephone: 313-577-3577 Fax: 313-577-0131
For admission consideration, submit the completed application, official transcripts, application fee, and other materials as directed.
The art department has two application deadlines: October 1 (for study beginning in January) and January 15 (for study beginning in August). The department deadlines supersede any other published deadline.
The department deadline for Graduate Teaching Assistantships is January 15. The department has six GTAs: one in art history, one in fashion design and merchandising, one in ceramic/fibers/metals, and three shared between the remaining studio art and design concentrations. Please Note: the department is transitioning from a paper to a digital application process. For this reason, please download the GTA application form (here), print and complete the form, and either send it to the department via US Mail or submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com
For all applications completed by the deadline, the applicant will receive a notification letter stating the department’s decision. The notification letter will be sent within 4 to 6 weeks from the application deadline.