Download a copy of the Interior Design
- 2018-19 Printmaking Checksheet; Sample 4-Year Plan (PDF)
- Curriculum Guide; Sample 4-Year Plan of Work (PDF)
Need an override for an art course? Override form
- Pamela DeLaura
- (MFA Tyler School of Art) Associate Professor of Printmaking
- Research Interests: Collaboration; interdisciplinary and cross disciplinary. Printmaking; all print media including mixed-print processes and book arts.
What is this program?
Wayne State University's printmaking program offers both the complete range of traditional media and methods as well as recent approaches exploring new technologies. Housed in four separate studios, plus a darkroom and a papermaking lab, printmaking is able to offer highly specialized modern facilities. The recent addition of new presses and rebuilding of the intaglio enhanced students' ability to work with any media or approach they choose. Small classes enable students to receive personal attention and feedback. Printmaking majors are often assigned semi-private spaces to be used as their "studio." In addition, an exhibition area adjacent to the printmaking studios features ongoing shows of and about prints.
What will I study?
- To train students to work in a wide range of the materials, techniques, and tools of printmaking.
- To gain an understanding in the fundamentals of and opportunities for creative expression in print media.
- To develop an awareness of the traditions and history of printmaking media and techniques.
- To train students in the mechanics of creating editions.
- An interdisciplinary and collaborative endeavour.
What makes this program unique?
- Intaglio Studio
- 33" Takach Motorized Etching Press
- 39" Takach Etching Press
- 25" Takach Etching Press
- Separate ventilated acid room – zinc, copper, photo-polymer, aqua plate – nitric, mordant, ferric chlorine etchants
- Lithography Studio
- Ventilated studio with attached darkroom
- 2 34" Takach Litho process
- Collection of Bavarian Limestone includes sizes up to and including 25"X38"
- Darkroom Alternative Photo Processes
- Large 2 person graining sink
- Relief/Screen Studio
- Electric Relief Press
- 64" Exposure Unit
- HP 24" InkJet Printer
- Intaglio, Lithography, Relief and Serigraphy
- Alternative Photo Processes in Printmaking
- Papermaking and Bookmaking
- Undergraduate/Graduate Printmaking Print Major Studio
- Printmaking majors have individual workspaces
- Graduate Students have additional separate studios
- Student Groups
- Print Detroit 258 (Wayne State University)
- Southern Graphics Council
- Mid America Print Council
What does the program prepare me for?
- Independent Printmaker/Artist
- Printmaking Technician
- Professional Printer for Print Shops
- Master Printer for Artists