Download a copy of the Interior Design
Need an override for an art course? Override form
- Claas Kuhnen
- (MFA BGSU) Lecturer, Interior Design Area Coordinator
- Research Interests: modern multi-application approach utilizing parametric and generative design steps in a cohesive and productive workflow.
What is this program?
The Interior Design Program at Wayne State University prepares design professionals committed to improving quality of life, increasing productivity and protecting the health, safety and welfare of the public in interior environments. The curriculum requires a rigorous investigation into artistic conceptualization along with the design of the interior space and its furnishings. Career options include residential and commercial design within the architectural and interior design industries, exhibit and furniture design.
What makes this program unique?
- Facilities / Equipment
- 20 Computers with AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion360, SketchUp, Adobe Suite
- Lighting Studio equipped with working examples of many lighting systems
- Materials lab
- Model making work space with basic tools, 3D printing and laser cutting
- Fully equiped wood working shop
What does the program prepare me for?
- Commercial Design
- Exhibition Design
- Interior Designer
- Residential Designer
- Bathroom Designer
- Kitchen Designer
- Furniture Designer
- Lighting Specialist