- 2019-20 Industrial Design Curriculum Checksheet; Sample 4-Year Plan
- Course Descriptions
- For curriculum guides previous to 2019-20, please email your academic advisor or visit the main art office.
- Brian Kritzman MFA, Cranbrook, Associate Professor of Industrial Design
- Research Interests: Historical and contemporary notions of object culture.
- Siobahn Gregory MFA, Univeristy of Illinois at Chicago, Lecturer of Industrial Design
- Research Interests: Industrial Design and Design Anthropology
Industrial Design determines the look and the function of new mass-produced consumer items. This curriculum is an extension of the fine arts core program that addresses the methodology of problem-solving and presentation techniques. Students are prepared for engaging contemporary product culture. Our designers think about object appropriateness, "brand identity"and how to enrich individual lives through the creation of a meaningful object.
What makes this program unique?
- Alias Computer Lab
- Portfolio Reviews
- Designer Dialogue days
What can you do with a degree in Industrial Design? Industrial Design majors working in related professions include: Toy Designers, Car Show Exhibits, Parts Designer, Transportation Design, Exhibition Design, Shoe Design, Furniture Design. For more careers in this field, speak to your academic advisor or the Industrial Design area coordinator.