Download a copy of the Fibers
- 2018-19 Fibers Checksheet; Sample 4-Year Plan (PDF)
- Curriculum Guide; Sample 4-Year Plan of Work (PDF)
- Course Descriptions
- Heather Macali
- (MFA UW-Madison) Assistant Professor, Fashion and Fibers
- Research Interests: contemporary fiber arts; textiles; textile design.
What will I study?
- To train students to acquire technical skills in weaving and fabric decoration.
- To become familiar with materials, sources, and major current developments in the fiber field.
- To enable students to formulate and express creative ideas in fiber-based media through the use of color, design, and pictorial vocabularies.
- To enable students to compile portfolios suited to presentations, i.e., including sketches, actual work samples and photographs of work.
- To develop and articulate career objectives.
What makes this program unique?
- Weaving, Fabric Printing and Dyeing
- Advanced Studio Spaces for Upperclassmen
- Michigan Surface Design
- Guest Speakers
What does the program prepare me for?
- Fabric Designer
- Apparel Designer