- 2019-20 Fibers Checksheet; Sample 4-Year Plan
- Course Descriptions
- For curriculum guides previous to 2019-20, please email your academic advisor or visit the main art office.
Heather Macali MFA, UW-Madison, Assistant Professor, Fashion and Fibers and Fibers area coordinator
Research Interests: contemporary fiber arts; textiles; textile design.
- To train students to acquire technical skills in weaving and fabric decoration.
- To become familiar with materials, sources, and major current developments in the fiber field.
- To enable students to formulate and express creative ideas in fiber-based media through the use of color, design, and pictorial vocabularies.
- To enable students to compile portfolios suited to presentations, i.e., including sketches, actual work samples and photographs of work.
- To develop and articulate career objectives.
What makes this program unique?
- Weaving, Fabric Printing and Dyeing
- Advanced Studio Spaces for Upperclassmen
- Michigan Surface Design
- Guest Speakers