James Pearson Duffy Transfer Scholarship Criteria
The James Pearson Duffy Department of Art and Art History Transfer Scholarship program is designed to recognize incoming transfer students with talent in ART and DESIGN. This scholarship is based on an evaluation of the talent of individual students by Wayne State University faculty and provides each awardee with a $4,000 scholarship, renewable for up to one year. The determination of the awards is strictly the decision of Wayne State University. Register here. NOTE: This scholarship will begin paying out in the Fall 2018 semester for the following due date.
Scholarship Deadline: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
TO BE ELIGIBLE:
- You must be an incoming transfer student.
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must fulfill admission requirements to Wayne State University.
- You must have a minimum transfer GPA of 2.5.
- You must have started art studies at an accredited College/University and are transferring to Wayne to complete your first undergraduate degree.
- The James Pearson Duffy Transfer Scholarship is available for 4 consecutive academic terms or until you obtain the baccalaureate degree, whichever comes first, as long as you maintain good academic standing and meet the performance standards set by the department.
- You must declare your major in Art and concentrate in one of the following areas: ceramics, drawing, fibers, fashion design and merchandising, graphic design, industrial design, interdisciplinary electronic arts, metalsmithing, painting, photography, printmaking, or sculpture
- You are expected to attend full time (12-16 credit hours) during the Fall and Winter terms. (Spring/Summer terms excluded.)
- Once you submit your application and uploaded supporting images of your work, you will receive a confirmation email of your submission. You may be contacted by the Art and Art History Department to schedule a portfolio review. The department will provide you with location and parking information.
- Students will receive a letter from the James Pearson Duffy Department of Art and Art History with the Scholarship Committee review results within approximately one month of the application deadline.